Subtitled: A Guide to Using Blogging, Career Sites, Gateways, Getting Interviews, Job Boards, Job Search Engines, Personal Websites, Posting Resumes, Research Sites, Social Networking.
Before you start your Internet job-hunt, there are some things that you must know, like:
• Why are job sites like Monster and CareerBuilder so stunningly ineffective?
• What can you do to make sure your resumes survive the elimination process?
• How do you find the information that search engines like Google can’t?
• How can you tell the difference between a genuinely helpful job board, and a website designed only to collect resumes?
• When are hobby forums more helpful than business networking sites?
• When is the Internet not helpful when job-hunting?
• What is the fatal flaw of all social networking sites?
The Guide to Job-Hunting Online shows you how to quickly find the data that will be most helpful to you, how to identify and research the places where you will most enjoy working, how to leverage the power of social networking sites, and how to use your Internet time most effectively, avoiding the common pitfalls and setting you up for success.